Back to life, back to reality

Back to work today and Frederick’s first day of school. I tried to take it easy and not push the schedule too hard.

I felt as if I were in a fog most of the day, listening, listening. Not really sure of the status of anything and not really able to comment on anything.

During my three minute conversation with my boss, he asked me twice if I were ready to get back into everything. He told me once to ease back into it. He asked me twice if I were ready to be back. So, kind of a mixed message, but I think the general impression I got was: get the heck back to work!

I tried not to think too much about Frederick or Henry for fear that I would get weepy and never recover. I did NOT do the drop off this morning, but I did drop into Frederick’s room over lunch and check in on him and nurse him. The poor little guy doesn’t like bottles and on top of that, apparently only slept a few minutes at a time before he would be startled awake by some noise. I didn’t keep the place that quiet when we were at home, but then again there weren’t kids running around most of the time. Our project for the week is to find out which bottles he likes the best while I pump to try to keep my supply up.

On top of all that, Jack has been in the hospital for several days, since Saturday. While the diagnosis is something treatable with antibiotics, his stay there was preceded by a blacking out episode, the trip up to MN for Thanksgiving, and a high fever. Apparently he was running out of runway before something more serious happened, and for avoiding that, we are thankful.

Get well, Grandpa Jack! We love you!



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s